Thursday, August 13, 2015

Disney Day 2

** May 6, 2015 **





Disney Day 2 was spent in the Magic Kingdom...my fave.
This was the Disney I grew up on, and I hadn't been in over 10 years so I was almost as excited as the kids were!

Shel & John surprised us with matching Disney shirts for all the kids to wear, it was pretty cute!





Beckett's fave rides were Its a Small World, where he clapped and danced along to the annoying music...



...And The Winnie The Pooh ride, which we rode multiple times because there was no line.



His other faves were the Carousel...



...and running away from Mom & Dad!



Madden's faves were Star Tours...


And Splash Mountain, which we rode too many times to count...





And the adults faves?
All the yummy food, of course!
Beignets
Dole Whips
Churros
Monte Cristos
Need I say more??



Another highlight of the day was Madden's birthday lunch at Blue Bayou, the restaurant inside of the Pirates of the Caribeean ride.
I'd always seen people eating at this place when I was little and would ride Pirates of the Caribeean and I always wondered what that place was and how the heck you got to it.
Well, my sisters clued me into the name and location of it...and apparently its super popular and nearly impossible to get into without reservations!
So I made special reservations way in advance for Madden's birthday.
The kids loved eating in the candlelight, watching the Pirates boats float by in the dark, while drinking their drinks that had glow-in-the-dark ice cubes in them.
And Madden even got a special birthday dessert!




I seriously could not have been happier with how our Disney trip turned out!
We really lucked out with the crowds AND the weather...
(which I was happy about cuz I did some major research on the best times to go to Disneyland when the crowds aren't that bad...and the very first week of May did not disappoint!)
We never waited in line for more than 15-20 minutes and lots of rides we just walked right onto!
And the weather was insanely PERFECT!
A little cloud coverage, a cool breeze at times, but no rain and not too hot or too cold.
It was BEYOND!
When we were first planning this trip, I was worried 2 days at Disney wouldn't be enough...but it was PUH-LENTY!
We didn't do the hopper passes either (which cost more $) and I'm glad we didn't, cuz we would've just wasted more time walking between the two parks.
I felt like one full day in each park was perfect.
We got to do everything we wanted and see everything we wanted.
And after 2 full days in the parks, I don't think any of us even had the energy for another day!


Til next time, Disney!
xoxo

No comments: