...for a date night.
We are creatures of habit when it comes to our date nights:
Sushi
A movie.
Junior mints and soda to eat during that movie.
And a quick errand run to Target.
(just cuz its right next to the movie theater)
9 times out of 10, that is our date night.
Seriously.
We don't really like to switch it up too drastically.
I like our date night formula.
Its funny to me that part of the reason we go on date night is to get away from the kids (or in our case, kid, singular) and have some adult-only time.
Yet whenever Randy and I make it out on a date night, the kid is never far from our mind.
In fact, we end up spending almost all of our dinner talking about the kid.
Which inevitably leads to me saying that I miss the kid (seriously? After only being away from him for 45 minutes at that point??)
Then after we enjoy our delicious dinner and we have a little time to kill before our movie starts, we always seem to find ourselves over at Target.
Where we end up buying a bunch of stuff for the kid.
Just cuz.
When date night is over and we get home, I tip-toe in to peek on the sleeping kid and I have to fight the urge to pick him up and cuddle his face off because I missed him so.freaking.much.
Does anyone else miss their babies the second they get away from them?
Or am I just crazy??

6 comments:
You have inspired me to get a date night on our calendar - even if it will all go down the same way (talking about B, buying stuff for B and, generally, missing her madly!!!)
no I do the exact same thing!! I even miss them after they are in bed for a couple hours.
Our date nights ALWAYS seem to be sushi and target:)
my two loves:)
What a good mommy :)
It's only natural for us to miss them:), they are the creation of something better than us and we can't get enough:)! However, date nights are glamorous and a must in our household!
Fun! WE haven't been on a date in months.
It's so true...you can't wait to get away from the kid, but then as soon as you do you miss him. Funny thing, being a parent.
You guys are too cute. Glad you were able to get out... & it sounds like how our date nights usually end up! Next time, call me and I will watch madden for you... Addie kinda loves him.
Post a Comment